Click here to access a copy of our 2020 Member Policy
Click here to access a copy of our Constitution
Click here to access a copy of our 2021 Branch Governance Charter
Click here to access a copy of our 2021 Specialist Interest Group Governance Charter
Click here to access copies of our Board Charters
Code of Conduct
All members are expected to abide by the ALGA code of conduct.
- Members will act with honesty and integrity in all professional and business activities.
- Members will not condone misrepresentation or misuse of work they have carried out or directed.
- Members will apply their professional skills and knowledge for the conservation of the natural environment via: prevention, remediation and sustainable management of land and groundwater contamination.
- Members at all times place the integrity of the natural environment and the health, safety and welfare of the human community above any commitment to sectional or private interests.
- Members will uphold the honesty, standing and dignity of the profession in all matters.
- Members will maintain the skills and knowledge throughout their careers.
- Members will only practice in areas in which they are competent and recognise the need to collaborate with suitably qualified persons in subject areas where the member is less experienced.
- Members shall not advertise or present the member's services in a manner that may bring discredit to the profession.
ALGA has firm commitment to protecting the privacy rights of all individuals associated with ALGA.
ALGA currently holds some information in relation to its members and sponsors. This information may include but is not limited to:
- Information relating to home and work address, phone and fax numbers, email and web addresses.
- Personal information such as gender, date of birth, educational qualification and employment position.
- Contact and transaction history.
Collection, Use & Disclosure
The above information is collected for the primary purpose of effectively servicing the relationship established between ALGA and the individual or organisation. At all times, ALGA strives to ensure that the collection and storage of such information is fair, lawful and unintrusive.
ALGA will also use this information in accordance with the original purpose for establishing the relationship. For members these purposes include all activities consistent with the organisation's mission and constitutional objectives. ALGA has a policy of not selling or disclosing this information outside of the ALGA organisational structure.
Access, Accuracy, Correction & Security
All individuals are provided access to their information upon request. All ALGA data is stored securely and can only be accessed by authorised ALGA staff and officers. This information including your email address will not be disclosed without your consent.
Use of logo
Permission to use the ALGA logo or title is provided as a service to members who share ALGA objectives.
To ensure that ALGA is not seen to be endorsing any particular product or company in preference to others, permission to use the ALGA logo or make reference to the ALGA in promotional material (printed and electronic ) is provided under the following conditions and guidelines:
- Any use of the Australasian Land & Groundwater Association title or ALGA logo will be discreet and less prominent than the company or product name, logo or banner.
- The use of the ALGA logo or any reference to ALGA must clearly imply that the company or organisation is representing itself simply as a member of ALGA. The words "member" or "sponsor" must be used (as applicable) in conjunction with the use of the ALGA logo or title.
- Preferably all references to ALGA (logo or name) will be at the bottom or lower margin of the page or promotion, or at least presented in such a manner as to not appear as the promoting organisation or sponsor of the product.
- If a logo is to be used, this must be obtained from ALGA and used without modification of the colours or font styles. In providing this approval to use the ALGA logo or acknowledgement of ALGA membership, the Australasian Land & Groundwater Association, in so doing, assumes no responsibility or liabality for the opinions or statements of facts expressed by the company using the ALGA logo or name in its advertising, promotion, letterheads or other printed or electronic communications and material.
By accessing, using or downloading any materials from the website, you agree to follow and be bound by the following terms and conditions. Please do not use this site if you do not agree with the terms and conditions outlined.
Information contained within this site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated at any time without notice.
Third party links
Links to third party sites are offered as a convenience and are controlled by the third parties independently of ALGA. ALGA accepts no responsibility for the use of these third party sites. These links do not imply endorsement and the responsibility, to take precautions to ensure that whatever you choose to select and use is free of viruses and other harmful items, is the users'.
Information on this web site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied representations, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. ALGA makes no representations warranties or guarantees as to the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any materials contained on this site.
Limitation of liability
ALGA shall not be liable to any party or any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of this website, or on any other hyper-linked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system, equipment or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
Links to other sites
ALGA maintains links to other web sites but makes no representations as to the accuracy of the material therein, and is not responsible for the content and conduct of these sites, nor of any goods purchased on these sites.
On-line Transaction Terms & Conditions
If there is any uncertainty with the terms and conditions, please contact ALGA before the completion of any purchase.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
All purchases are subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia, and where applicable the state of New South Wales. By using this site you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and Australia and agree that any legal action will only be commenced in these forums.
Capacity to contract
Orders can only be placed with ALGA by persons with capacity to contract, who are over the age of either 18 or 21 as legislated in your state of residence.
Review of terms
These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice. Past terms and conditions can be accessed on request by written notice to ALGA. Contact details can be found on our contact page. Each transaction will be governed by the terms and conditions in force upon the date of that transaction, and as detailed in the confirmation email provided at time of purchase.
Confirmation of order
1. In the event of the requested goods being unavailable ALGA may cancel the transaction and effect a full refund.
2. Persons can request a cancellation due to “change of mind”:
(a) within 30 days of submitting a membership application or
(b) from, up to and including the event cancellation deadline as detailed in the event confirmation email, but no later than the event date.
If the above requirements are met ALGA may cancel the transaction and effect a full refund. All prices listed are subject to any applicable Australian or New Zealand Goods and Services Tax.
Information contained throughout the web pages and in our database is believed to be accurate and reliable at the time of publishing. There may be misprints, human errors, and omissions. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections in prices, products, and specifications without notice.