All members are expected to abide by the ALGA code of conduct.
- Members will act with honesty and integrity in all professional and business activities.
- Members will not condone misrepresentation or misuse of work they have carried out or directed.
- Members will apply their professional skills and knowledge for the conservation of the natural environment via: prevention, remediation and sustainable management of land and groundwater contamination.
- Members at all times place the integrity of the natural environment and the health, safety and welfare of the human community above any commitment to sectional or private interests.
- Members will uphold the honesty, standing and dignity of the profession in all matters.
- Members will maintain the skills and knowledge throughout their careers.
- Members will only practice in areas in which they are competent and recognise the need to collaborate with suitably qualified persons in subject areas where the member is less experienced.
- Members shall not advertise or present the member's services in a manner that may bring discredit to the profession.