Ecoforum PFAS Summit
As part of the 2018 EcoForum Conference & Exhibition, a one day PFAS Summit is being held pre-conference, on 2 October 2018. We are down to the last weeks to register!
The objective of the PFAS Summit is to bring all stakeholders together, to discuss key issues and concerns, success stories and progress made, as well as possible ways forward. Collaboration and communication between stakeholders is a key goal for the Summit. With a focus on engaging with stakeholders, rather than discussion of technical issues, the Summit will have presenters from a wide range of industries and geographies, including:
- Landowners managing large portfolios of sites impacted by PFAS.
- Professional organisations, representing interests such as waste managers and water utilities.
- Government agencies responsible for preparing guidance, advice, or regulations.
- Researchers involved in health and community issues.
- Organisations dealing with fire risk.
- International representatives grappling with PFAS issues in the USA, UK and New Zealand.
In addition to a diverse range of presenters, the PFAS Summit will allocate time in each session for panel discussions plus question and answer sessions, to facilitate open discussions and information exchange. By the end of the Summit, it is hoped that attendees have not only learnt more about the current state of play for the management of PFAS in Australia, but have also gained a better understanding of other stakeholder needs and interests. The Summit is open to all, and interested parties from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to attend and participate.
For more information on EcoForum and to register, please click here.