PFAS Management into the Future 2024 Symposium
University Of Technology
UTS Building 10 - Level 7
235 Jones Street Ultimo 2007 New South Wales
Date: 14 March 2024
Call for abstract is now closed - Program will be released late December
‘’PFAS Management into the Future 2024" serves as a platform for sharing and discussing the evolving understanding of PFAS (Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances) and the advancements in technology for investigating and treating PFAS-contaminated waste, water and land. The forum encourages participants to envision the future of PFAS management, comparing its current state to anticipated developments. Additionally, the session will challenge participants to contextualise this vision and question what can be considered as a proportional response to PFAS, particularly considering other contamination issues, as well as social economic and environmental aspects.
The forum encompasses a combination of concise presentations by PFAS experts and interactive panel discussions, providing insights into the changing landscape of PFAS management. These discussions are centred on addressing current challenges within Australia and exploring innovative ways to tackle these issues, thereby shaping our future approach.
The main objectives are:
Knowledge Exchange: To facilitate the exchange of knowledge regarding PFAS, incorporating the latest technological advancements in investigating and treating PFAS-affected sites and materials.
Futuristic Vision: Through open dialogues, encourage participants to contemplate the evolution of PFAS management, its current state, and the probable future outlook.
Interactive Discussions: combine expert talks with dynamic panel discussions, allowing for active engagement and the generation of potential solutions for ongoing challenges in PFAS management in Australia. Participants in this event will contribute to the ongoing conversation about PFAS management and collaborate in addressing current issues, shaping the way these challenges are approached in the future.
Session Themes Session 1: What’s new or changed since the 2023 forum
- Share something we didn’t know or understand last year or present a new concept.
- Can be a principle or strategic in nature.
- A review of the current status in an area is not desired-presentation to only include sufficient background information to identify what’s changed.
- Limited spots, abstract quality of key consideration. Must be a well-formed idea.
- Case studies not accepted except where illustrating something new or different.
Session 2: PFAS and proportionality
- Must discuss or contextualize proportionality of response / management of PFAS.
- Can be strategic or high level in nature.
- Can include case studies but should not wholly be a case study.
- Must fit with either the Session 2A or 2B theme, as described below.
- Session 2A is about what is needed for proportionate (define) management of PFAS in waste treatment/disposal, including wastewater and biosolids.
- Session 2B is about what is needed for proportionate management or remediation of contaminated land.
- In this context proportionality can be redefined by the speaker, but loosely is considered where the risk presented by PFAS in each waste or contamination context is balanced against economic, social, environmental, and other considerations.
- Related principles such as SFARP (So Far as Reasonably Practicable) are in scope.
- Should attempt to present balanced views as much as possible.
Non Member: AU$940
*If you are a student non-member, please contact our team firstname.lastname@example.org to get this dedicated price. You will have to provide evidence you are a student (ie. student card)
All pricing includes GST and are listed in Australian dollars. Credit Card and EFT options for payment are both accepted.
Thank you to the Committee
Annette Nolan, Ramboll
Danielle Toáse, Qantas
Karl Bowles, Jacobs
Matthew Askeland, ADE Consulting Group - chair
Vicki Pearce, Ventia
Thank you to our Sponsors
We have different levels of Sponsorship.
To know more, please contact email@example.com