In line with its stated Vision, Mission and Objectives, the Australasian Land & Groundwater Association (ALGA) Ltd provides members with a common interest, the opportunity to form an Interest Group. This is consistent with the Strategic Plan.
The specific objectives of these Interest Groups are to:
- To provide a forum for people from across the industry with specialist knowledge and interest in a defined area to identify and address issues, share ideas and knowledge, and provide opportunities for ALGA members to improve the awareness and knowledge of specialist areas.
- To provide an identity that can go beyond ALGA activities to promote understanding and application of the specialist area, while always acknowledging ALGA as the primary organisation.
- To link with likeminded specialist groups both locally and internationally to draw on the developments overseas and share the Australasian experience.
Forming an Interest Group
Members can apply through the CEO for the establishment of an Interest Group. The application must include the names of up to ten ALGA members who are interested in getting involved, and are prepared to actively participate the inaugural committee.
The ALGA Board has the authority to approve or decline and, if required, close down an Interest Group. Consideration will be given to the anticipated level of interest in the theme of the Interest Group and the degree to which it may overlap with other Interest Groups. Assessment of annual performance will be as per the expectations set in the Interest Group Charter.
Sponsoring an Interest Group
Members or organisations can apply to sponsor one or more interest groups. Annual cost is $1100 (+10% GST AUD or +15% GST NZ).
- One individual ALGA membership;
- Logo displayed on relevant ALGA website footer banner;
- Logo displayed in relevant IG eNewsletter; and
- Logo displayed on IG event (ie workshop).
Click here to apply.
Current Interest Groups