Honorary Life Membership is given to honour ALGA members who, through long and distinguished service, have made a major contribution to the Association and to the profile of the contaminated land industry.
Members with a minimum of 5 years service to ALGA.
The award is made at the Annual Industry Excellence Awards Gala Dinner.
Nominations shall be supported by written evidence detailing the service and contributions of the nominee in relation to the following criteria:
• Valued leadership within the contaminated land industry
• Commitment to building the profile of ALGA and the contaminated land industry
The Awards Committee will judge each submission, select max of 2 per annum and then send for approval by the current Board.
Submitting your nomination
Submissions should be in an electronic format and must include the following compiled information:
• A completed nomination form
• An executive summary outlining the main reason for the nomination (maximum 500 words)
• Detailed information introducing the nominee and addressing the criteria (maximum 4 A4 pages)
• Photo (in jpg or similar format)
• Biography (minimum 180 words, maximum 300 words)
• Two letters of reference
Click here for application form
In 2013 Peter Nadebaum (GHD) was awarded the first "Honorary Life Membership" for his outstanding support of ALGA in varying roles as inaugural President, Chair and Board Member between 2007-2012).
In 2016 we had 2 members awarded honorary life membership:
- Dr John Hunt (Ventia) for his outstanding support of ALGA as Vice President and President (2010 – 2014), SuRF ANZ Committee Member, Sydney Branch Committee Chair and EcoForum Program Committee Chair
- Jon Miller (The Remediation Group) for his outstanding support of ALGA as Treasure to Chairman of the Board (2010 – 2015), along with inaugural chair of the VIGGIM Committee.