Vision and Mission
ALGA's mission is to promote the protection, restoration and management of land and groundwater for the benefit of human health and the broader environment across Australasia.
ALGA pursues this mission through:
- facilitating and encouraging the expression and interchange of ideas, opinions and knowledge between stakeholders and other persons involved in contaminated land and groundwater;
- improving the capacity, knowledge and skills of persons working in the fields of contaminated land and groundwater industry;
- fostering honesty, integrity, rational thinking and professionalism in persons involved in the fields of contaminated land and groundwater;
- encouraging and supporting research and development of science and engineering that will advance the assessment, sustainable management and remediation of contaminated land and groundwater; and
- doing anything ancillary to the objectives.
What is unique about ALGA?
ALGA was formed to provide a forum and identity for the Australasian contaminated land and groundwater industry, and to support the many professionals working in the field. The core focus of this association is to support advances in the prevention, assessment and remediation of contaminated land and groundwater.
The Australasian Land & Groundwater Association (ALGA) Ltd has a broad base of members including land owners, property developers, industry, consultants, scientist, contractors, regulatory agency staff, government, the legal profession, laboratory staff, financiers, insurers, researchers and academics.